Becoming an influencer? Here’s a checklist to help you stay on track while you’re building your audience and boosting brand exposure.
1. Engage your following on a daily basis. Schedule posts
and updates and take advantage of automation tools, whenever
2. Be transparent in what you share, who you work with, and
what you promote. If you’re hired to create a paid post or
participate in a take-over, be upfront with your audience.
3. Implement disclosures on your website that explain how
you’re compensated as well as how you use a visitor’s
If you rent out space in your newsletter, or participate in
newsletter swaps where you’re sharing your leads with others,
you need to make sure your subscribers know about it.
4. Don’t use sneaky terms. Be honest. If you’re advertising,
call it an ad or sponsored post. Don’t try to deceive your
Trust is everything in influence marketing so don’t squander
what you’ve worked hard to build.
5. Work with companies and brands that align with your core
values and make sense to your market. Don’t weaken your brand
by diluting it with repeated offers that your audience won’t
be interested in.
That’s it for today! I hope this simple checklist helps you stay on track.